Link: Danya Learning Center
Link: Home  
User Name
Link: Register Link: Forgot Password?
<< Back to Help 

How do I obtain a waiver to dispense buprenorphine?

The Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000 (DATA 2000) enables qualifying physicians to receive a waiver from the special registration requirements in the Controlled Substances Act for the provision of medication-assisted opioid therapy. This waiver allows qualifying physicians to practice office-based, medication-assisted opioid addiction therapy with specially FDA-approved Schedule III, IV, or V narcotic medications. Subutex® and Suboxone® tablets received FDA approval for the treatment of opioid dependence.

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Website provides all of the information required to obtain, complete, and submit the waiver form. The SAMHSA Website is For more information about DATA 2000, buprenorphine, or about how to submit a waiver notification, call the CSAT Buprenorphine Information Center at (866) BUP-CSAT, or email them at Also, operators are available to answer calls Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm EST.